Dodge Data and Analytics is the leading market research firm in the A+D industry, and they just released a report called Exploding 9 Myths: How Architects and Contractors Really Select Building Products. I found it to be interesting reading, and if you're involved in selling to architects, designers or contractors, I think you'll find it interesting too.
Here are the 9 myths Dodge puts forward in this report:
- There’s Little Opportunity Once a Project Has Started
- Architects Only Pick Products They’ve Used
- Architects Have No Interest in New Products
- Our Salesforce is Our Best Marketing Tool
- Most Specifications are Proprietary
- Only Low Cost Products Make the Final Cut
- Contractors Have Little Influence on Products
- Contractors Will Contact My Distributors/Suppliers
- Few Products in the Spec Get Installed
If you'd like to read the full reports, including the opportunities to profit off of these myths, click here to download it.